SIGN UP TO OUR EVENTS
EMPLOYERS' LEVY BREAKFAST 

Why Chose First Intuition Reading?


Why should I choose First Intuition?




Here at First Intuition we have always prided ourselves on our personal approach to tuition and small class sizes.  This is particularly important in the world of apprenticeships where many of the bigger firms are commoditising their offering.  Our programme is tutor lead so your apprentice will always be mentored by someone who knows about the qualification.

Our programme is designed to help your students achieve both the professional qualification as well as the functional skills required for the apprenticeship and to be successful in the workplace.  Our courses include the core technical qualifications as well as a portfolio of extra courses which can be used to build your apprentices skills, e.g. meeting facilitator, presentation skills etc.

All professional courses are supported by full sets of course notes and online support.  Our tutors provide out of hours contact numbers and are available 24/7 to help their apprentices.

All apprentices will receive:
  • Access to our e-portfolio system
  • Monthly review of their training log
  • Quarterly face to face review meetings
  • Classroom or online training to prepare for the professional qualification
  • Portfolio support and review
  • Preparation for end point assessent

Contact us for more information and prices.


What are my obligations as an employer?
  • Firstly, there needs to be a genuine job with a realistic opportunity for continued employment at the end of it.  Obviously, this does not need to be a guaranteed job.
  • You must allow your apprentice to spend 20% of their time training.  Follow this link to understand more about the 20% requirement. This will include classroom study, internal secondments, work shadowing as well as time spent on internal courses and conferences.  The apprentice will need to keep a detailed log to evidence the time they have spent on their learning. 
  • You must be prepared to support your apprentice and to work with the training provider in respect of reviews and building a portfolio of evidence to help with the end point assesment.
  • First Intuition have developed an e-portfolio which will allow both the manager and apprentice to monitor progress and upload evidence.  This will facilitate the development of the portfolio of evidence and will track the progress towards the 20% requirement.

Can you help me find an apprentice?
We can advertise your job role on our apprenticeship vacancies.  Between January 2017 and September, we will be launching our schools programme to help young people find out more about a career in accountancy.  We will also be launching a summer business school which will facilitate successful placements for young people. If you would like to promote your organisation at these sessions or to take part please let us know.
Sign up to our updates
We will be providing a series of updates  via our email newsletter.  Please sign up below to receive these.

Prefer to have a chat?
We are happy to visit you for a more personalised chat about your circumstances. Please contact us to  arrange a meeting.

 We look forward to hearing from you!
  
SIGN UP TO OUR EVENTS

QUICK GUIDE TO FUNDING
This quick flowchart can help you navigate how the new funding process should apply to you
  • 0.5% payroll will go into the levy pot each moth
  • the government will then add 10%
  • the pot must be used within 24 months
  • payments wil be made through the digital dashboard
Is your payroll more than £3m pa?
Training must be paid for from
the levy
YES
NO
Training will be paid for by "co-contribution"
Does your organisations' levy pot cover your training costs?
The co-contribution rules will apply to any excess up to the cap, i.e. for every £10 you spend, the government will pay £90.
NO
Do you have more than 50 employees?
YES
NO
You will need to pay monthly contributions equal to 10% of the training costs.  The government will meet the remaining 90% of costs.

The government will pay up to 100% of the training costs up to the cap for apprentices who are under 19 when they start the programme.
You will need to pay monthly contributions equal to 10% of the training costs. The government will meet the remaining 90% of costs.
If your apprentice is under 19 years old at the start of the programme you will receive an additional £1,000 to help cover the costs of training them in the workplace.
SIGN UP TO OUR EVENTS
EMPLOYERS' LEVY BREAKFAST 
Tuesday 20th June 2017 8.30am 
Now that many of you are facing the real cost of the levy, we are hosting a breakfast seminar to help guide you through the options. Come along and find out how your firm can most efficiently utilise your levy pot to develop your finance team. 

Hosted by Jo Dyson and Becki Hunter from our Apprenticeship team.


SIGN UP TO OUR EVENTS

APPRENTICESHIP CONTACT FORM

NAME
PHONE
EMAIL
FIRM/COMPANY
I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND THE LEVY BREAKFAST
I WOULD LIKE TO ARRANGE A MEETING
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I AM AN EMPLOYER OR AN APPRENTICE
I would like to receive the Apprenticeship newsletter to keep up to date with latest information?
Submit